We offer both Rethunk Junk paint classes and seasonal DIY classes!
We exclusively offer Rethunk Junk Furniture Paint, a growing company with an incomparable product. Along with the paint, we offer many options of sealers, primers and everything you need for your next paint project. There are always available classes, contact the store for upcoming dates.
About the classes:
The cost of the course is $75.00. It includes 1 quart of paint, your choice of color, and the use of other products needed to finish your project. On the day of your class, you will receive a discount of 10% on Rethunk Junk Products.
The workshop will cover:
- Prepping using no sanding or priming
- Painting: How many coats to apply and how heavy the application & What to do if you suddenly get red spots in your paint.
- Staining over a previously stained piece with no stripping
- Distressing (you can use sandpaper here or not)
- Glazing- choose our dark glaze or make your own
- Sealing- how to know when it is necessary
- Curling- what it is?
- Question and answer time.
What to bring:
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little paint on.
- Two paint brushes 2-2” width works well depending on your piece.
- A small piece of preferably wood furniture
- Hardware removed is recommended
- Must be able to set on work table
- Needs to be in carrying capacity
- Pieces to consider: Small end tables, shelf, lamp, picture frame, magazine rack, chair, etc.
Please Note: Class fees are nonrefundable, but should an emergency arise, you can be moved to the next available class with 24-hour notice. Please call (770) 237-5300 to reschedule.